SEN Information Report- Reviewed Spring Term 2019
Hetton Lyons Primary School- SEN Lead Mrs Young
Parent Information Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Local Offer
All Sunderland schools have a similar approach to meeting the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and are supported by Together for Children Sunderland to ensure that all pupils, regardless of their specific needs, make the best possible progress in school.
All schools are supported to be as inclusive as possible, with the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities being met in a mainstream setting wherever possible.
SEND Ranges 2019
From September 2019 Hetton Lyons Primary has been using the SEND Ranges. Each child on the SEN register has been placed on a range. Teachers have collaborated with parents to place their child on the correct range for their child’s primary need.
The SEND Ranges:
- will provide a core framework for all professionals working with the pupil and will give greater clarity for parents, families and carers in terms of what their child's needs are, and what each child is receiving
- are based on the best practice covered by the Children and Families Act 2014
- descriptors are based on national best practice in determining the needs of pupils with SEND
- are based on the four areas of the SEND Code of Practice (2014/15)
- are also based on the 'golden thread'; the graduated approach of
- have been co-produced between education and SEND colleagues in other LAs incorporating parent, carer and family views. They provide a helpful reference point in relation to identifying level of need, and will support children and young people with additional needs with consistency across schools.