The ECO School Award is an international programme that aims to empower children and young people to to be the change our world needs by engaging them in fun, action orientated and socially responsible learning.
The ECO Schools programme is engaging millions of children across 67 countries. This makes it the largest education programme in the world.
Our school is an ECO School Green Flag School. In order to gain this award and fly the Green Flag we have to:
- Have a pupil led Eco committee.
- Carry out an environmental review of our school, school grounds and local area.
- develop and share an action plan.
- Work on 5 Eco topics from a list of 9 which include: Biodiversity, Energy, Litter, Waste, Water, School Grounds, Healthy living, Transport, Global Citizenship.
- have an Eco code that is an environmental statement drawn up by the Eco - Committee. This statement must be displayed around school and understood by staff and pupils.
Our school has received the award on 3 occasions. We will be reapplying for the award in the academic year 2017/18.
Mrs Richardson and Miss Staward are our lead members of staff for Eco Schools.